Motorcycle accidents have the potential to cause catastrophic, life-changing injuries. This makes it all the more important to recover maximum compensation. An injured rider may face thousands, hundreds of thousands, or even over a million dollars in medical expenses and the cost of ongoing care. Lost income is another factor to consider, if the rider cannot return to the same field or is unable to work at all. Then there is the matter of emotional trauma, which can be debilitating on its own.
At Silbowitz, Garafola, Silbowitz, Schatz & Frederick, L.L.P. we believe in helping injured riders across New York recover the fair and complete monetary damages they deserve. Our NYC motorcycle accident attorneys know what is at stake and believe in fighting for our clients so they can face brighter futures.
To find out how we can help with your motorcycle accident claim, call (646) 681-7055 for a free case evaluation.
What Caused Your Motorcycle Accident?
When you come to our firm for legal help after a motorcycle accident, one of the key steps will be determining what caused your crash. Was it another driver? A defective motorcycle part? We have the resources to fully investigate the collision so we can determine any and all contributing factors.
The following are examples of circumstances/behavior that can cause motorcycle crashes:
- Distracted or drunk driving
- Driving under the influence of drugs
- Defective motorcycle or auto parts
- Dangerous or poorly maintained roadways
- Heavy weather
Tips for Winning Your Motorcycle Accident Claim
We want to provide you with the best opportunity to achieve the maximum compensation you deserve. Let’s not just leave your case to chance. Here are some tips that will enhance your opportunity to obtain the compensation you deserve.
- Gather evidence - Collect information at the scene of the accident if you are physically able. Take photographs with your cell phone or another device.
- Get contact info of witnesses - Eyewitness testimony is gold when it comes to establishing fault.
- Watch what you say - Be careful what you say at the scene and make sure your attorney does all the talking with the insurance company.
- Contact an attorney - A lawyer can help you through each aspect of the case and pursue the best possible outcome.
With NYC motorcycle accidents, we also have to consider the principle of comparative negligence. If you were partially to blame for the accident, your compensation could be decreased accordingly. If you are found to be more than half at fault, you may be ineligible for compensation from the other party. Our motorcycle accident lawyers are committed to ensuring that fault is correctly assigned and you are protected through every step of your claim.
Contact our firm today at (646) 681-7055 to learn more about your right to compensation.