For over 20 years, the New York City bicycle accident attorneys at Silbowitz, Garafola, Silbowitz, Schatz & Frederick, L.L.P. have represented the interests of injured cyclists and the families of cyclists who have lost their lives in traffic accidents. These are serious and complex cases that require experienced counsel and a team with the manpower and resources to effectively investigate cause and liability. We have successfully represented countless individuals and families across our practice areas and have over $70 million in verdicts and settlements to prove it.
We can take on all types of bicycle accident claims in New York City, including:
- Bicycle vs. car or taxi accidents
- Bicycle vs. truck accidents
- Struck while biking against the flow of traffic
- Sidewalk bicycle accidents
- Passing-from-behind accidents
- Struck by car door of a parked/stopped vehicle
- Struck by a left-turning vehicle
To find out how we can help you, call (646) 681-7055. We offer a free initial consultation to help you get the answers you need.
How Negligent Drivers Cause Bicycle Accidents in New York City
Most often, a bicycle accident can be traced back to the behavior of a negligent motorist. Distracted and careless drivers can strike an unsuspecting cyclist, causing catastrophic injuries that forever change a cyclist’s life. Some drivers even claim the lives of innocent cyclists through their negligence.
Our NYC bike accident lawyers are committed to holding at-fault drivers responsible for:
- Driving while distracted
- Texting while driving
- Driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- Speeding or driving too fast for current road/weather conditions
- Failure to yield the right of way to a cyclist
- Red light and stop sign violations
- Reckless driving
You have rights if you were struck by a car while riding your bike. Let us protect these – call (646) 681-7055 today to get started. We are standing by to help.